Dr. Alex Culp
Dr. Alex Culp, DMD, MS, Diplomate
Dr. Culp is one of the few dual-trained pediatric dentists and orthodontists in the country. A Rock Hill native, he grew up as a son of a general dentist and dental hygienist which spearheaded his interest in pursuing a career of dentistry. After completing dental school at the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Culp completed a two-year residency in Pediatric Dentistry at Children’s National Medical Center, which focused on preventative and therapeutic care for infants and children through adolescence. Next, he completed a three-year residency in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics at the Medical University of South Carolina where he studied orthodontic care for both children and adults. Dr. Culp is board-certified in both specialties. His commitment to collaborative and patient-centered care and his commitment to academic involvement makes him a natural fit for the well-established practice of Charlotte Pediatric Dentistry.
- BS in Biology – Clemson University
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – Medical University of South Carolina
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry – Children’s National Medical Center
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics – Medical University of South Carolina
- MS in Dentistry – Medical University of South Carolina
- Clinical Associate Professor – Medical University of South Carolina’s Department of Orthodontics
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthodontics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Away From the Office
Outside of the office, Dr. Culp enjoys exploring the culinary scene in Charlotte, occasional weekends in Charleston, and pushing personal limits on the Peloton.
Meet Dr. Alex Culp – Schedule Your Child’s Appointment Today
To experience our award-winning pediatric dental care, schedule your child’s Free New Patient Appointment* today for a Comprehensive Exam by calling (704) 397-4205. You may also use our convenient online form. Your child’s appointment includes the following:
- Comprehensive exam (does not include x-rays, prophylaxis, or fluoride treatment)
- Digital X-Rays
- Thorough Cleaning
- Oral Hygiene Education
During your child’s appointment, we will take the time to explain our treatment process and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to building the foundation for your child’s lifelong healthy smile!
*Free New Patient Appointment valid only children ages 7 and under